Saturday 18 May 2013

Maybelline Color Show Polka Dot Nail Polishes

Maybelline have been on it recently with new releases, and their new Color Show nail polishes are amazing. Shiny, long lasting colour for £2.99- who could resist. The Color Show range also has a new limited edition collection, Polka Dots. The Polka Dot collection consists of four shades, pink, blue, green and a black and white dupe for L'Oreal confetti. I have to say Chalk Dust (b+w) appealed the most to me but I won't buy something I have already, and it is an amazing dupe for confetti, so I went for Speckled Pink and Shooting Stars. 

Speckled Pink is beautiful. I think that is all that needs to be said. Just look at it! This took three coats but it dries really quickly so that isn't a problem. The pink allows the black and white pieces to show through really well making it really eye-catching. I had loads of compliments whilst wearing this, and it was the one which sold out first in my Boots! The one little complaint I have with this is how quickly it chipped. The normal Color Show lasted really well but this one chipped after only a day. A little disappointing but I might try it over a base colour next time to see if it lasts better.
 Now I love the Speckled Pink, but Shooting Stars didn't impress me as much. I love the blue shade, it is really pretty but the dark colouring covers the black and white pieces too much. It just isn't as effective with the dark base colour. Perhaps this would be better over a pale base colour to lighten it all up.
This picture was taken on the second day of wear and you can see how it has started to chip on my thumb and wear away on my first finger.

Overall, the Color Show range has really impressed me. They are great quality and value for money and for me beaten only by Barry M. I do love the idea of limited edition collections too, and these are lovely, just not quite up to the quality of the rest of the range. I have to say though, from other posts I have seen, Chalk Dust does look the best, with Speckled Pink a close second. The Polka Dot effect just isn't as good on a dark base. All in all though, not bad for the £2.99 price tag.

Have you tried the Color Show range? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment