Thursday 25 April 2013

MUA Power Pouts

My post today is going to be probably exactly the same as every other review of these that has been gracing the blogging world in the past month or so, but I had to show a bit of love for them. By them I mean the MUA Power Pouts. I love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, so I had to get my hands on a couple of these for £3 a go. They work in the same way as the Revlon Balm, a beautifully packaged chubby pencil which can be twisted up from the bottom. I love this idea, they are so easily applied and can be built up for a more intense colour.
I picked up three colours, Rendezvous, a pinky nude, Justify, a pinky coral and Broken Hearted, a true pink. I was hoping there would be a little more difference between the shades, but once worn they look very similar (perhaps I need to build them up a little more). The formula is gorgeous though, they aren't a stain like the Revlon, but won't disappear as quickly as a lip balm. They are also glossier than the Revlon alternative. I do find they last really well though and you won't be constantly reapplying, although at £3 a go, reapplying can be forgiven.

  Bare lips                                                            Rendezvous
       Justify                                                           Broken Hearted

I have been reaching for these loads in the past few weeks as my lips are still a little dry and these don't show that and are really moisturising. I love Justify although Rendezvous is a gorgeous shade which goes with anything and is perfect for work. 

I love the chubby pencil style lip products, I find them so easy and quick to apply. I have heard rumours of a Seventeen version hitting stands soon so I'll be on the hunt for that one to compare, but all in all another win for MUA in my opinion. I have a growing collection of their products, all of which are fantastic quality for the price and they are fast becoming a favourite brand despite many accusing them of lacking any originality in their products. I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Power Pouts are available in six colours from the MUA website here.

Have you tried these? They don't quite match up to my Revlon favourites, but at less than half the price who can complain?


1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to try MUA Power Pout out .. The looks incredible xoxo

    ReplyDelete