Saturday 29 June 2013

NOTD: Striping Tape

I'm sure you've all picked up by now that although I love my nail art, I'm pretty lazy with it. I don't have the steady hand or patience needed for intricate designs so I tend to stick to pretty simple things which look like they took more effort than they did. With that in mind, I decided to give my striping tape another go. I usually can't be bothered with anything that takes that much time, and I struggled to get the hang of when in the drying process to remove the tape. Too soon and the polish bleeds underneath, too late and it becomes stringy and ruins the neat line. 
I love the look of gold under another colour so decided to use my Barry M limited edition gold as it is the perfect shimmery shade and went really well with my much loved Papaya Gelly.
I went for a cris-crossed design on my thumb but got a little bored after waiting for this to dry so went for a simpler cross on my ring finger, although I think it does look good like this. I love striping tape as I could never get a line as perfect free hand but it is a bit of a pain having to wait for the first colour to properly set so the tape doesn't pull the polish off with it.
These colours do go really well together, I love the gold against coral so I'll be mixing these two more often. I will give more striped designs a go too as although it is time consuming, it isn't too difficult and looks really effective. 

Have you tried striping tape? I'll be keeping an eye out for some more designs to try. 



No comments:

Post a Comment