Thursday 11 April 2013

"Get To Know Me" Tag

I've spotted this on a couple of blogs and decided I wanted to put a little about myself into this blog too. I'm sure there are loads of versions floating around if you want to fill it out too. I like reading posts like this myself as it feels more personal than product reviews and nail art posts, as much as I love those! Anyway, if you're interested, read on: :)

1. Are you named after anyone? I don't think so but I know if I was a boy I would have been called Rupert (poor me!)

2. When was the last time you cried? I can't actually remember, crying isn't really me. I have been feeling a little down over the last few days but things will sort themselves out so no tears here :).

3. Do you have kids? No! I'm not a maternal person at all and lots of people from my school year have children but for me, there's lots of things I'd like to do first. I really want to travel more and have a proper career so children will have to wait.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Probably, I'm pretty loyal and like to think I'm a good friend, but then you never know what other people think.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Sometimes, but it depends who I'm talking to. I hate sarcasm over the internet though as it never comes across how it is meant to.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump? Nooooo I hate heights. That would be one of the worst things I could imagine doing. I don't really have many phobias but heights are the one thing I can't stand.

7. What's your favourite cereal? Cereals are boring but I like crunchy nut and those crunchy nut bites with fruit in, they're amazing!

8. What's the first thing you notice about people? I suppose what they are wearing, not in a bad way, it just stands out. Also nails, maybe it's just because I always have to have mine looking nice, but I hate tatty chipped nail polish and dirty nails eww.

9. What is your eye colour? Some kind of greeny bluey grey mix depending on the day.

10. Scary movie or happy endings? Neither, I can't stand scary films or soppy ones but I love anything that will make me laugh.

11. Favourite smells? Vanilla always smells amazing and I love fruity perfumes. I'm not a fan of floral smells though.

12. Summer or winter? Summer, I love not having to wear a coat and how happy everyone is when it's nice and warm. You won't ever hear me complain it's too warm.

13. Computer or television? Computer definitely. I don't know what I'd do without the internet and the T.V is usually just background noise for me. I love internet shopping and have got really into blogging so even a day without my laptop and I don't know what to do with myself.

14. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? Majorca, not too far but it's lovely there. I'd love to see more of the world though. I really want to visit Japan.

15. Do you have any special talents? Not really. I'm pretty boring, the only interesting thing I can say I've done is (almost) got a masters. Just a few months to go, but not really a talent.

16. Where were you born? Wakefield. A pretty rubbish excuse for a city in Yorkshire. I lived in Manchester for 3 years though and I'd love to move back there.

17. What are your hobbies? I love to blog, I read a lot and I suppose I'd have to class my masters as a hobby as I do it alongside work. Apart from that I'm pretty boring I guess.

18. Do you have any pets? No, my parents would never let me and my brother have pets. My mum complained that anything kept in a cage smells and anything bigger than that would mess up the house! I'd like something strange like a lizard or a snake

19. Favourite movie? Hard one! I have a few I can watch over and over but probably either Moulin Rouge or Chicago. I don't generally like musicals but these are so good! Probably my most watched films ever. 

20. Do you have any siblings? My brother is 21 and is a typical guy spending 99% of his time on his Xbox and the rest sleeping/eating. 

21. What do you want to be when you grow up? I suppose at 23 I am grown up! But I honestly don't know! I wanted to carry on with my education to become a chartered Occupational Psychologist but I just can't afford to do it. My dream job would be to work with employees within an organisation who are suffering from stress and help treat them or teach them how to better deal with it. I really want to get qualified to give CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) but again, I would need to win the lottery. Is it just me who thinks if you want an education you should be able to get one and not be stopped by a lack of money? 

There we go, a little bit about me! I'm not going to tag anyone else in this but if you do fill it out leave me a comment, I'd love to give it a read!



4 comments:

  1. I think getting as masters is a huge thing xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post, it's a good idea. I agree with Beautyqueenuk below, getting a Masters is a definite talent, it shows tenacity and intelligence. And you also have another skill: nails! :) I totally agree about the bunjee jumping thing, it's my idea of hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GlitterandGloss11 April 2013 at 22:37

    It's taken a lot of time and effort, but I've enjoyed it so hopefully it will get me a good job! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlitterandGloss11 April 2013 at 22:38

    Thanks, its the best thing I've done so far, I feel like its a big achievement and I can't wait to finish. Its definitely something I can be proud of!

    ReplyDelete