Tuesday 23 April 2013

NOTD: Rimmel Salon Pro

I have been waiting to get my hands on the new Kate Moss for Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polishes since they were announced. I love the Rimmel nail polishes and the Salon range are fantastic quality for the price so I was excited to see some new shades and a new brush! 
I picked up a couple of shades, Urban Purple and Reggae Splash. I love love love Reggae Splash. Its a gorgeous light summery apricot shade which will be amazing for some summery nail art I have planned. I paired it today with Sinful Colors glitter in All About You. I love this glitter, it isn't just a boring gold, it has small bronze/orangey specks which really catch the light and match really well with the orange in Reggae Splash.
I had to take a picture of the brush, its amazing. Its one of those large flat brushes which covers your full nail in one sweep. This shade does need three coats but you expect that with such a pale colour anyway.
Initially I was really impressed with this polish, I love the colour, the brush and the gel like finish. However, it does claim up to 10 days chip free wear. Mine chipped after a couple of hours while I was at work (and I wasn't even working hard!) and looked awful by the end of the second day. My nails are prone to chipping but I was expecting better than that!
Anyway, I would still recommend these for the colour range and they do look amazing, just don't expect miracles in terms of wear. I managed to pick these up for £3 from ASDA but they will usually be £4.49 and can be bought here

Have you tried the new Salon Pro range? Will you be giving them a go?





No comments:

Post a Comment