Tuesday 9 April 2013

Revlon Moon Candy: Galactic

I seem to have a little Revlon obsession at the moment. I am loving the Nearly Naked foundation, can't get enough of the Just Bitten Balm Stains and had to have some of the new Lip Butter shades. When I spotted these beauties, I just had to have them too!
Moon Candy nail art pens come with a base colour on one end and flaky glitter top coat on the other. They come in 10 shades and totally beautiful. You can see the full range of shades and buy them here. I picked up Orbit, my favourite, a dark lilac base with a stunning holographic glitter which looks to have a lilac base. Galactic has a deep blue base with a light blue base to the glitter and Satellite has a burgundy base with a pinky base to the glitter. They were on 3 for 2 at Boots so obviously I had to pick up 3! At £7.99 a time they aren't the cheapest but I'm sure I won't finish one and you can use the base colour or glitter separately, so technically you get two polishes in one.
I used Galactic on my nails today as it will go with a dress I am wearing for a job interview tomorrow. Galactic has a fantastic base colour which only needs one coat for a perfect coverage. The glitter shows up totally different when on your nails and comes out a lovely almost holographic range of blue and green shades in a clear base. This one needs a top coat though, the bigger pieces of glitter won't always sit flat, so a top coat helps smooth it all off.
I love this and can't wait to try the others. The effect you get with the different size and shapes of glitter and the amazing range of colours makes it look really unique, even on my really short nails. Its really beautiful in the sun, which unfortunately decided to vanish as soon as I wanted to take pictures and flash just doesn't give the same effect :(
What do you think? Would you give these a go? I cant wait to try the others!


2 comments:

  1. Charlotte Bone9 April 2013 at 21:37

    Really pretty! Love to see what the others look like!

    ReplyDelete