Monday 1 April 2013

Simple Nail Art 5: Glitter & Studs

I have really been enjoying creating designs for these nail art posts. I had got stuck into the habit of simply swatching different nail colours as I have so many lovely ones I wanted to post about, but this has made me shake things up a little and try out some more interesting nail designs. Today's nail art isn't something I would wear everyday, but I wanted something to go with my dress for when I went out last night. I debated doing some Easter Egg Nail Art but liked this idea better.

I have used No7 Just Black for the base. Then for an accent nail, I used tweezers to very carefully place the studs down the centre of my nail where I had dotted a little nail glue. Using tweezers makes this soooo much easier and you can make sure they are in place before you drop them into the glue.

For the glitter gradient I used a limited edition Seventeen polish, Glimmer in the Night from the Dazzle the Night set (there were two colours released). I love this for the gradient as it has small silver glitter pieces but also slightly larger ones which really stand out. I sponged this onto the nail tips quite thickly and used very small amounts on the sponge to blend it out up the nail.
This design is so simple to do and I love the glitter gradient, something I haven't really tried before. This is a perfect night out design for me and I am really happy with the way it turned out.
Would you give this a go?


Simple Nail Art:
1. Ikat Print
2. Toothbrush Splodges

3. Striping Tape

3 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, such a good idea too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really enjoying these nail art posts!

    Emily Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. GlitterandGloss1 April 2013 at 19:04

    Thanks! Ive been enjoying experimenting. Running out of ideas now though I need some inspiration haha x

    ReplyDelete