Tuesday 2 April 2013

March Empties

So who can actually believe it is April already?? This year is going by so fast. March has been a bit of a rubbish month with all the snow and it has just generally been really boring. There could be some exciting things on the horizon for April though so we shall see how that goes. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this year and finally getting my Masters finished! 
But anyway onto the point of the post - my March empties. I am trying really hard not to buy things I already have loads of, which is mostly skin and body products, so I am slowly working my way through my stash! This month there haven't been too many empties, but they have all be things I needed to use up or had a stash of.
Simple Hydrating Moisuriser: This is something I seem to have had forever and it just didn't want to empty! It was a nice moisturiser but nothing amazing and I have found nicer ones since. It does do the job though and I do like the Simple range. Repurchase? Nope, I am now using the Garnier Wake Me Up Moisture Match and like it much better.

Anatomicals Your Nose Smells Rose Body Cleanser: This was a Glossybox sample and not something I would have chosen for myself as I'm not the biggest fan of rose scented things. As a body wash it did the job but I wasn't loving the smell or the jellyish texture. Repurchase? No 

Dr Renaud Hydrating Creme: Another Glossybox sample but this time one I loved! It smells like raspberry and is a gorgeous thick moisturiser without leaving your skin greasy. My only complaint was that it didn't last long and although it was a smaller sample (30ml, full size 50ml) I wouldn't pay £25 for such a small amount. Repurchase? I did love it but not for the price, so no.

Elemis Softly Softly Moisturiser: This came free with my Cosmo magazine (been using up lots of samples this month). The first thing I noticed (and really hated!) was the smell. I'm not sure what it is supposed to smell of but I really didn't like it and as nice as it was for making my skin feel soft and refreshed, I couldn't put up with the smell of it. Repurchase? No, and it has put me off trying other Elemis products as I really hated it!

No7 Quick Dry Top Coat: This is my favourite ever top coat! It gives such a shiny, gel like finish and I always get compliments on how shiny my nails look when I'm wearing it. I use it over every polish I wear and it dries within a minute, perfect if you can't stand sitting waiting for nails to dry! It is a bargain with No7 vouchers so I always stock up when they're being given out. Repurchase? I already have a few spares from when we last had No7 vouchers! I can't run out of this one! If you haven't ever tried it you should!

Schwartzkopf Volumising Powder: This is my total saviour when it comes to my flat, fine hair. Rub a little in and you get gorgeous volume and thicker looking hair which lasts all day (I have to brush it out on an evening). I use it daily and it really does make a huge difference. I hate how fine my hair is and this makes it look so much thicker. I can't even explain how much I love this! Repurchase? Yes, yes, yes! I already have!

So there we go, my empties for the month. Nothing very interesting but my stash is slowly reducing! I am a little disappointed with some but others are daily favourites. Have you used any of these? Had any disappointing samples recently?


2 comments:

  1. Ooh now I love the Anatomicals shower gel, the smell is divine xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitterandGloss2 April 2013 at 21:18

    Yeh, its just different tastes I guess. I prefer fruity smells with things like shower gels and I've never liked flowery smells like rose/lavender etc x

    ReplyDelete