Monday 4 March 2013

Innisfree Peel Off Base Coat

Today I have something pretty interesting to review. Just a little background first, I love to peel off my nail polish. I don't know why but I always do it. It isn't just peeling it off every now and again when it looks tatty, but to the point where I paint my nails almost every other day and may as well not own nail polish remover. Imagine my amazement then, when I saw a peel off base coat! I just HAD to have it! I can't remember whose blog I saw it on, but I immediately went over to ebay and £5.98 and a week and a half later, it was mine! I wasn't totally convinced by the idea of a peel off base coat, but with the amount of damage I do to my nails peeling polish off, I had to try! I was a little worried it would catch and come off on things, but we shall see.

It comes in a gorgeous white frosted bottle, and to be honest reminds me a little of PVA glue when going on, so I'm hoping it is more than an expensive version of using PVA as a base coat. The first thing I noticed was how long it took to dry. You really do have to wait for this one, but I was hoping it would be worth it. You also have to wait longer for your polish to dry as I didn't wait and smudged it all :(.
I decided to paint on Barry M Gold Mine Glitter as this has to be the absolute worst nail polish I have ever tried to remove. If this peels off in one go, then I think we are onto a winner!
To be totally honest I wish I hadn't bothered and had just stuck some PVA glue on, it would have been easier, although hopefully this will be gentler on my nails. You can see from the mess on the tissue it didn't peel, I had to pretty much scrape it although it did come off pretty easily. It has left my nails in a bit off a mess though, although not any more damaged than they were before. The polish had also chipped after only a few hours!
This won't be one for daily use, I think I will save it for when I fancy a really heavy glitter and have plenty of time to wait for it all to dry properly! Honestly, I think just stick to PVA glue, this is a waste of money. I don't like being so negative but I think this time it is deserved!

Has anyone else tried this? I think its a really good idea, but not quite there yet, hopefully someone will make a better version!

9 comments:

  1. Ohh I bought some of this only last night! Now waiting for it to arrive... I'd read a really good review, so guess will just have to see how it takes to my nails...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boo... its a great idea in principle xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. GlitterandGloss4 March 2013 at 18:43

    I know I'd seen a couple of really positive ones, that's why I've been so honest, because obviously it doesn't work for everyone, it just made my polish chip and left a right mess when I tried to peel it. I wish I hadn't bothered with it, but I hope it works better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlitterandGloss4 March 2013 at 18:43

    I know, it would make things so much easier if it actually worked! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Essence version on the way..I hope it works out

    ReplyDelete
  6. GlitterandGloss4 March 2013 at 19:53

    Oh I hadn't heard of that one, I'll be watching out for when you get it, hopefully it will be better than this one! Although seen as they are basically just PVA I'm thinking they just aren't worth the money x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried it. I think I'll be sticking to my Magic nail polish remover by Bourjois lol, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah that's disappointing. Topshop do a peel off nailvarnish so you could try that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. GlitterandGloss5 March 2013 at 17:53

    Yeh, I've seen them, but they've had some rubbish reviews so I didn't fancy wasting £6. I do think its a really good idea though.

    ReplyDelete