Tuesday 12 March 2013

NOTD: Galaxy Effect

I actually haven't had any nail polish on for two whole days! I feel lost! I need a job where I am allowed to wear it! So today I decided to try something a little different. I have seen loads of galaxy style nail art but never got round to trying it myself, but I wish I had tried it earlier! It is so simple and looks amazing!
Anyway, these are the colours I used.

I used the No7 Just Black as a base and sponged on small amounts of the other colours. I used the plastic wrapping off my Glamour magazine to allow me to get as little as possible on my sponge and not make too much or a mess (a perfect use for something I'd usually just throw away! Recycling at its finest!).


I sponged on a line of white polish first then used bits of the other colours around the white to blend it and give depth to the colour. I then used Models Own Jack Frost over the top for a little glitter, and a top coat to finish it off.

These don't look as good as some of the others I have seen but I do love the effect you get and I'm going to practise a little more with different colours. I do think Jack Frost is the perfect top coat for this effect though, it looks gorgeous over the top and is just glittery enough.

What do you think? Has anyone else tried this kind off effect? I'd love to see them!



4 comments:

  1. I am yet to try this but it looks pretty good.
    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome nails! I love them!

    Emma x

    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous!! love galaxy nails x

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlitterandGloss13 March 2013 at 22:56

    Thanks :) I love them, I'll be doing it again x

    ReplyDelete