Saturday 23 March 2013

Models Own Fruit Pastel Polishes

Any other nail addict like me has probably been waiting for this collection since the moment it was announced. That, and the fact they are scented appeals to the child in me. I love pastel nails, so these had to be mine! I managed to find them in Birstall Boots, my local one doesn't stock Models Own, but I got very excited when I spotted them in Birstall! I think my boyfriend thought I had gone mental, but I don't care, he should be used to it by now!

Anyway, there are five colours in the collection, Grape Juice, Blueberry Muffin, Strawberry Tart, Apple Pie and Banana Split. I'm sure you can guess from the names what each one smells like. They also have cute little scratch and sniff stickers on the lids, which I did go round shoving in peoples faces at work last night showing them how amazing these were!

I ended up getting them on 3-for-2 and picked up Grape, Blueberry and Strawberry as I didn't think I'd wear green or yellow much. The colours are just gorgeous, the perfect pale Spring pastels, so the scent is just a bonus. We all know nail polish smells awful, so I can't believe this idea hasn't been done before (OK Revlon have done it, but I never took much notice of them). I wouldn't advise sniffing them before they are dry, but they do smell sweet as you are painting your nails. Not fruity like they do when they are dry, just sweet.
Messy, messy! I was too eager to post to remember to clean up!

Don't they look gorgeous? I may have gone a little mad trying to wear all three but I wanted to try them all. Doing it like this means you get a mix of scents too, so you can't pick out one, but they do all smell. Blueberry seems to be the strongest even though I only had it on one nail. The scent lasts for about a day and is stronger if you don't use a top coat.

Has anyone else spotted these yet?


4 comments:

  1. They are just such lovely colours xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/wake-your-eyes-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitterandGloss23 March 2013 at 13:37

    Gorgeous aren't they! I haven't used a top coat there either, they come out really shiny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely! I snapped up the whole collection yesterday, I can't wait to try them! Banana is my favourite scent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlitterandGloss23 March 2013 at 17:01

    The Strawberry one is amazing it smells gorgeous! I wish I'd got all five now, they are that good!

    ReplyDelete