Monday 25 March 2013

Simple Nail Art 3: Striping Tape

The third Simple Nail Art idea I have for you is striping tape. This is something I have seen used loads to create some really amazing effects, although I haven't ever tried it before. I am going to attempt something simple to start with, and hopefully will move on to more intricate designs later.
Once again, I will do a step-by-step guide. You can use any combination of colours for this.


First, pick your base colour, the one you want to show through as the stripe. I used Barry M limited edition Gold.

Next, cut small strips of tape, longer than your nail and place them where you want the stripes to be. Make sure they are fully stuck to the nail, right up to the edges. Don't stick them to your finger though, you won't be able to peel it and will make a mess (trust me).


Paint your top colour over the whole nail. I used Barry M Blackberry for this. (Sorry I forgot to take a photo of this step!).
Peel the tape off whilst the polish is still wet. I painted the next nail then once I'd done that went back to the previous and pulled the tape off, this might not work for everyone but seemed to be the right amount of time. Peel it off upwards keeping it in line with the stripe to get a neat line.


Wait for the whole thing to dry and add a top coat and...ta da! Beautiful perfectly striped nails.

I used these striping tapes from ebay, you get 10 colours so could just use it as it is stuck onto your nail or paint over it for the stripe. I love the look you get and these colours are lovely together! This is something I will be doing again and again!

Has anyone else used striping tape? I'd love some more ideas for how to use it!


Simple Nail Art:
1. Ikat Print
2. Toothbrush Splodges

1 comment:

  1. Ooh what a good idea this is xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete