Saturday 2 March 2013

NOTD: Barry M Amethyst Glitter

Todays NOTD is a quick one, but using my absolute favourite glitter polish, Barry M Amethyst, one of the Jewel range. I have used this so much and it looks amazing over dark colours, I particularly like it over the Blackberry and Blue Plum Gelly shades, and this was pretty much my go to look for quick but gorgeous nails around Christmas. 

I haven't been showing much love for it recently and seem to have gone off really glittery nails, but today I thought I would try something different with it. Now the sun is out I am loving my pastel colours so I wanted to see how Amethyst would look over a paler colour, Prickly Pear Gelly. I love love love this colour, it is the most gorgeous pale lilac and perfect for when the sun is out. 
I really love this look, just a little glitter without being over the top. I think the mix of purple, pink, blue and silver in the Amethyst mean it will pretty much go with anything, but the contrast you get with the pale lilac against the bright glitter makes it really stand out.

What colours have you been loving recently? Is anyone else getting bored of full-glitter polishes?


6 comments:

  1. I can see why that is your favorite glitter! It is absolutely stunning! I wish BarryM polishes were easier to come by in the States because I would be all over Amethyst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely isn't it. You have so much lovely stuff over there that we can't get though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really pretty colour xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... what a gorgeous duo!!! xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte Bone3 March 2013 at 19:29

    I love amethyst glitter - one of the first barry m glitters I bought :) I'm planning on buying more now, hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GlitterandGloss3 March 2013 at 22:44

    I love them, plus I've found with two coats of most Barry M's and a top coat you can peel the whole lot off in one go when you're bored of it, perfect for me as I can't help peeling it off! x

    ReplyDelete