Thursday 28 February 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

I picked this up the other day as part of my Midweek Haul here after reading lots of lovely reviews about it. I love natural foundations and can't stand the feeling of having something caked on my face, so I hoped this would be a good alternative to my staple No7 Essentially Natural Foundation. I have to say I wasn't disappointed. 
After trying a few shades I decided 150 Nude was the best match for me, although the light formula means you can't go far wrong with it even if the shade is slightly off, it will blend really well.
Just a quick mention of the bottle..it has no pump! WHY?? I don't like this, it makes it much harder to use and you end up wasting product that you can't get back into the bottle! I don't want to waste my hard earned pennies by loosing half of the product! I found the best way to apply was to pour a little very carefully onto my hand then apply as normal and I managed to get any excess with my finger and scrape it back into the bottle. I'm debating pouring a little into a sample pot and using it from there instead, has anyone else found better ways to use it?

Anyway, back the the foundation. It is lovely, I used it over my Seventeen Photo Flawless Primer which if you have read my earlier post here you will know I absolutely love it. The Nearly Naked goes on like a dream, it blends really well and feels really light. It won't cling to any dry bits (I have a sore nose after a cold so this was extreme circumstances and it still didn't cling).
You can see where I have blended on the lower half of my hand, it gives a slight sheen, which I quite like as it gives a similar effect to foundations like Rimmel's Wake Me Up without the shimmer, but you can top it off with powder to get rid of this. It feels lovely on, I do feel like I'm not wearing anything but safe in the knowledge that my skin looks even and any blemishes are covered. I'm starting to see why it has had such good reviews!
I usually hate taking pictures of myself but I couldn't review a foundation without showing how it looks, so there we go, the first is with only Nearly Naked, the second has a touch of powder and blusher. I think this gives a lovely natural look for those days where you don't need a full-face of make-up.

It lasts really well, I put it on at around 8am and even after going for lunch then to work it was still looking lovely at 10pm. It doesn't feel as moisturising as my No7 foundation which is the only thing I can fault it on, but I still really like it and will keep using it, its staying in my make-up bag and not being stuck in the drawer of things I don't use!

Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation is usually £8.99 but is on offer at Superdrug at the moment for £6.99 and is available here. Does anyone else love it or do you have better light foundations? I'd love to hear your favourites!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this looks really nice on you, I tried some of the tester and wasn't impressed xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm really liking it, I just can't get on with heavy foundations x

    ReplyDelete