Thursday 28 February 2013

NOTD: Atlantic Road and Dragon Fruit

I'm loving how sunny it is today! It seems like Spring is finally coming after weeks of cold and snow! It instantly made me think of all the lovely pastel nails which were around last Spring, so I thought I'd go for pastel polishes today.
I bought all the new Barry M Gelly shades a few days ago and also picked up one of the textured polishes in Atlantic Road. As I haven't tried them yet, I went for Atlantic Road and Dragon Fruit for a bit of a colour/texture mix. I wasn't sure how the textured polish would work, as it seems really watery in the bottle compared to the other textured polishes I have tried!
I also didn't notice until I saw it in the light but the Dragon Fruit shade has a subtle shimmer to it, like there are micro glitter pieces in it, gorgeous!
I think these two make a lovely mix, I might try them as a gradient, I think they'd go really well! Although I haven't tried a textured gradient, I wonder how it would work, has anyone else tried? I still love the Gelly range, the new shades are as good as my old favourites! Atlantic Road didn't dry as textured as I had hoped though, I think if you want a really textured polish, Seventeen's Rock Hard or OPI's Liquid Sand are better choices, although I do love the matte pastel effect you get with Barry M's version. 

Is anyone else loving the new Barry M polishes? Link me some NOTD posts, I love seeing other peoples for inspiration!

1 comment: