Thursday 7 February 2013

OPI Liquid Sand

Today I have something a little bit different to try. I have been loving the different nail effects that have been coming out recently, so I can't believe I missed this one. OPI released four shades of liquid sand polishes as part of the Mariah Carey collection. I picked these up in a set containing all four shades in miniature versions.  I love this idea, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't think I have ever finished a bottle of polish, so buying them in mini versions for cheaper is perfect for me! You can buy twice as many and don't have to feel bad for using a colour once then forgetting about it and buying more new ones! I think this is the way forward!














Anyway, there are four shades -Get Your Number, a lovely bright blue with different colour glitters, Can't Let Go, a deep purple with a gorgeous shimmer, The Impossible, a bright red sparkle and Stay The Night, black with deep red sparkles. I decided to go for Can't Let Go. I ordered them from ebay as they were the best deal I could find, so it came to about £12.
I found these quite difficult to apply neatly, the only issue with the small bottles is the size of the brush. However, they do go on very nicely, and I only had to use two coats, but they do take forever to dry into the grainy effect. They don't feel like I expected them to, they aren't as gritty as you'd expect which I don't think is a bad thing. I do like the effect they give, and I think the glitter is a really nice touch to just make them a bit extra special.


Apologies for the messiness, I haven't had change to neaten them up. You can really see the glittery effect with flash here though.      




I don't know how well these will last and I can imagine it will be awful to try and get off but we'll see, I still think they are worth a go. Has anyone else tried them? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment